Hemp Recipes for the Holidays
Updated: Feb 15, 2019
Superfoods can transform any holiday staple dish into a truly nutritious affair. Enjoy four of our favorite holiday hemp-infused recipes from our sponsors Bluebird Botanicals, Dr. Bronner’s, Manitoba Harvest, and Plus CBD Oil.
Cranberry Chocolate Bark with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
• 2 cups dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt • ½ cup white chocolate chips
• ½ teaspoon almond extract
• 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
• 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, melt dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 10-30 seconds until smooth.
3. To dark chocolate, stir in Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts and sea salt.
4. Pour dark chocolate mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly with spatula.
5. In a clean bowl, melt white chocolate and almond extract in the microwave, stirring every 10-30 seconds until smooth. If your mixture clumps up it’s because your chocolate did not have a high enough cacao butter (fat) content. Stir in about 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil to smooth it out.
6. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate mixture onto dark chocolate and swirl with a butter knife or fork until it’s to your liking.
7. While it’s still melty, sprinkle with almonds and cranberries.
8. Refrigerate 1 hour to harden then break into large pieces before devouring or gifting!
Cranberry Almond Salad with Bluebird Botanicals CBD Dressing
Cranberry Almond Salad:
• 16 oz baby spinach
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup shaved parmesan
• balsamic vinegar
• olive oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2-3 cloves roasted garlic
• fresh ground pepper
• 75 drops Bluebird Botanicals Complete 6X
1. Place garlic cloves in a bowl and mash into a paste. Add rest of ingredients and whisk until combined
2. Turn stove on medium and toast almonds in a cast iron pan until golden brown and aromatic, stirring constantly. Take out of pan to cool.
3. Add 16 oz of spinach, toasted almonds, and cranberries to a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
4. Top salad with Parmesan and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Superfood Stuffing with Dr. Bronner’s
• 1 loaf (1 pound) sprouted bread*
• 6 tablespoons Dr. Bronner’s Organic Coconut Oil
• 2 large sweet yellow onions, minced
• 4 celery stalks, minced
• 2 tablespoons (packed) minced fresh thyme
• 2 1/3 cups vegetable stock
• 1/3 cup dried goji berries
• 2/3 cup hemp seeds
• Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. Tear the bread into approximately 1/2-inch up to 1-inch pieces, and spread the pieces onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 1 hour, tossing once or twice midway through cooking, until bread is golden brown and toasted.
4. Remove the bread from the oven to cool, and turn up the heat to 425° F.
5. Warm the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in the thyme and cook 1 minute longer.
6. Transfer the contents of the pan to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the vegetable broth, and add ½ teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, mixing to combine.
7. Add the toasted bread, goji berries, and hemp seeds, and toss very well. Transfer the mixture to a 12” x 9” baking dish. Press the stuffing down lightly to create an even layer. If there are any goji berries exposed on top, press them down to submerge into the stuffing to avoid burning.
8. Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the foil, and bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes longer, or until the top of the stuffing has started to brown. Serve warm.
Coconut Raspberry Energy Bites with Plus +CBD Oil
• 1.2 ounce bag of freeze-dried raspberries
• 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds
• 1 cup pitted dates
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• .5-1 ml of Unflavored Plus +CBD Oil Drops
1. Pour the contents of the freeze-dried raspberries into the base of a food processor. Turn on high until the raspberries are ground up into a fine powder, about 20 seconds.
2. Pour the raspberry powder onto a plate and set aside.
3. Next, combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dates, coconut powder, coconut oil, and CBD oil into the base of your food processor. Process on high until the ingredients have turned into a coarse batter, about 60 seconds.
4. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and use your hands to shape the batter into 12 energy bites, rolling each one in the raspberry powder as a coating.
5. Refrigerate the energy bites for at least 30 minutes before serving.
6. Store in the refrigerator and consume within 7 days of making.
Vegan Gravy with Nutiva
• 1 cup plus a ½ cup Pacific Vegetable Broth
• ½ cup Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
• ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
• 1 clove of garlic, sliced
• 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Flour
• 1 tablespoon Sonoma Harvest Cider (red wine could be used)
• ¾ teaspoon Eden Brown Mustard
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ½ teaspoon Organic Coconut Sugar
1. In a large pan, heat three tablespoons of coconut oil.
2. Add the Hempseeds and cook stirring frequently, for about three minutes until it begins to smell nutty.
3. In the pan move the cooked hempseeds to the side and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Fry the garlic until slightly crispy and fragrant, about a minute.
4. Stir in the nutritional yeast and sea salt.
5. Add the Sonoma Harvest Cider, Eden Brown Mustard, Nutiva Coconut Sugar, one cup Vegetable broth. Stir well.
6. Whisk in the Coconut Flour.
7. Add the other ½ cup of Pacific Vegetable Broth and stir.
8. Let cool down for five minutes then add to a food processor.
9. Pulse until creamy.
10. Serve over Cauliflower Faux “Mashed Potatoes”